- Basic Evening Speed – this is the entry level speed for basic internet needs with a 12/1 Mbps maximum theoretical off-peak download and upload speeds respectively.
- Standard Evening Speed – plans using this label will deliver a minimum speed of 15Mbps during the busy period. This plan would support a typical usage profile of residential customers (e.g. streaming one high definition movie at the same time as web browsing on another device during the busy period)
- Standard Plus Evening Speed – plans using this label will deliver a minimum speed of 30Mbps during the busy period. This plan would be suitable for a higher usage profile (e.g. streaming an ultra-high definition movie and streaming music on one or more other device during the busy period)
- Premium Evening Speed – plans using this label will deliver a minimum speed of 60Mbps during the busy period. This plan would be suitable for a higher usage profile than Standard Plus (e.g. streaming an ultra-high definition movie at the same time as gaming on other devices during the busy period).
Factors which may affect your speed are:
- NBN infrastructure. For example, the length and quality of copper cabling used in NBN™ FTTN/FTTB has a significant impact on performance. In this instance, speeds may need to be confirmed when the service is active.
- Coexistence period. NBN™ FTTN/FTTB services are typically limited during the period they must share the same copper line as legacy non-NBN™ services.
- Quality and capability of hardware. This can include modems, WiFi routers and Ethernet or phone cables.
- Wifi signal interference. E.g. Devices connected by WiFi may experience slower speeds than those connected by an Ethernet cable.
- Number of connected devices. When too many devices share the same bandwidth, data flow is limited
- Network congestion. For example, when speeds slow during peak traffic in the evenings.
- Which content is being accessed. There may be insufficient server capacity or other issues affecting a specific website or online game
Things You Need to Know
Availability: Connect plans are available initially in a limited number of Veda villages. You can “Check Availability” above.
Choice of Technology: Veda Connect plans are delivered on the most appropriate technology. That technology may be VDSL2, HFC, FTTH, or other common technologies. Veda Connect plans are delivered on carrier grade networks of our choice. That network may be the NBN network or a network operated by another carrier.
Acceptable Use: Our unlimited plans are subject to an Acceptable Use Policy. Details of our Acceptable Use Policy are available in our “Terms and Conditions” below.
Fax and Third Party Alarm Services: We cannot guarantee that other supplier’s back to base alarms, fax machines or EFTPOS will work on the Veda Connect Phone service. Of course, your personal emergency response service over the Enhanced Monitoring Service will work.
Power failures: Please be aware that in the event of a power outage your Phone and Internet services will not work however your Wellness Hub and the Enhanced Monitoring service it supports will continue to work, for up to 40 hours, because it has a failover battery and mobile network connectivity.
Excluded Calls: Many call types are included in Veda Connect Plans. You can check which call types are included and which are excluded above and by clicking on “Critical Information Statements” below. In all our plans, excluded call types include calls to international mobiles and calls to 1300, premium rate (e.g. 1900) and directory assistance (e.g. 12345). You can check the call rates on these call types by clicking on “Terms and Conditions” below.
Managing Your Spend: Some of our internet plans include unlimited data (E.g. L and XL Bundle, subject of course to our Acceptable Use Policy). For our other internet plans, we offer you the tools to help monitor and manage your data usage in your member portal. You check out these tools by clicking “Member Login” above. We also offer ways of managing calls to the excluded call types. For example, we can bar certain call types, or apply call charge spend limits on your service. Contact support if you would like us to do this.
Our Network: Your service is provided using the network operated by the licensed telecommunications carrier, Frontier Networks Pty Ltd. Nevertheless, we are responsible for the service that we are providing to you, and we will be there to help in case you have any feedback or wish to complain.
Paying Us: We will bill you monthly, in advance for subscription fees, and in arrears for usage fees. Your bill will be emailed to you. If a paper bill is required to be mailed to you, a charge of $2.20 will apply each month for a standard summary invoice. Your payment options include direct debit credit card and Bpay. Accounts paid with Visa or Mastercard incur a surcharge of 2.0% and accounts paid with Diners or American Express incur a surcharge of 4.0%.
Financial Hardship: Our financial hardship policy is available by clicking on “Veda Connect Customer Policies” below.
Hardware and Warranties: Where we supply modems and home monitoring devices, such as the Wellness Hub, we continue to own these devices. We are responsible for replacing them when they fail, absent misuse by you of the device. Where we supply telephone handsets, we offer a 12 month warranty on defects in addition to any manufacturer or statutory warranties. You are most likely also entitled to a warranty under the Competition and Consumer Act and we are responsible for dealing with any warranty matters on your behalf with the manufacturer.
Dealing with Us: If you would like to appoint an authorized representative who deals with us on your behalf, or if you wish to use an advocate, please contact us at Support. If you wish to appoint an authorized representative, please use the form available by clicking on “Customer Policies” below.
Feedback and Complaints: We are genuinely here to help! Please feel free to contact us, or your village manager, with your feedback (good and bad) and complaints. A summary of our complaint handling process is available by clicking on “Veda Connect Customer Policies” below.
* Professional Installation is not required at addresses with VedaConnect Customer Premises Equipment already in situ.